Sunday, April 29, 2007

APPEAL FOR ACTION

Fellow bloggers:


Strong to Serve ?

I consider this post a logical and necessary progression from my previous one. I have been a KBW member for slightly less than a year. It behooves me to admit that my interaction with your posts has been nothing but entertaining and thought-provoking. Blogging has become an integral part of my routine, to the extent that I sometimes curse out loud when some of you guys take extended vacations from blogging ...

I also believe that it is possible to get a general feel for someone's personality based on their writing. My honest opinion is that the vast majority of you guys are refreshingly civil, and care about our coutry, despite all our shidaz.

In light of this, I feel obliged to appeal to these amazing qualities for what I believe, will be a worthy and fulfilling cause:


I am proposing that we bring a smile to some of our less fortunate Kenyans this Christmas. I am convinced that we can do something special. It's not the grandiosity of our collective effort that is important - it is the spirit and genuine heart that will prove most fulfilling.


I am kindly proposing a plan of action:


a) Ideas for a cause that we can raise money for - I was thinking about a project that deals with kids, maybe orphans of HIV/AIDS ...

b)A voluntary commitment for a monetary sacrifice

c) For those of us who will be in Kenya in December and available, in the same way we'll meet for nyam chom, may be we could set aside an afternoon and go spend some quality time with some of these kids??



*******
The POA is rudimentary and will be improved upon by those of you who will commit to do something. I want to establish who's in on the POA and will liaise with the said individuals kando. I would like to believe am not alone on this ...
*******


*****
I would love to work with interested folks on this. I think the December timeline is feasible and gives us ample time to work with ...

I want to hear from you at the following e-mail address:

joshmwangi@gmail.com

My idea is to create a unified communicating mailing list from where ideas will be collectively exchanged. I am hopeful that we can overcome the inevitable issues of trust and anonymity that are likely to spring u from this. I will gladly work directly with individuals who harbour such concerns.



Thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to working with you.

ps: I do not need haters on this one. If you are not feeling me on this, tafadhali reserve your comments for my next post ... we need only positive energy for this ...



Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

am in! I hope I can make Kenya in Dec..we'll come up with ideaz and see u kando.
Very touching!

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am in too.. Just tell me when

3:15 AM  
Blogger Komi said...

Count me in as well.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Chatterly said...

i am IN
hoping to be in kenya in Dec.

5:44 AM  
Blogger The Black Mamba said...

This is a good idea.

8:07 AM  
Blogger jm said...

@ farm gal
dk
komi
chatterly
ssembonge

Ahsanteni sana. I look forward to corresponding with you all on this. Remember it's the heart that counts, and am glad and grateful that we can support each other in this regard.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Klara said...

Offcourse I will be around, N this sounds a good idea so Count me in Boy!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey good Idea, I am there too and will contact U in time, just keep us posted

9:20 AM  
Blogger egm said...

"...men who in thy power will serve their fellow men faithfully..." Count me in.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

wonderful idea!

Last dec, Shiro (girl in the meadow) got some bloggers together, with the help of Kibet (virtual insanity) we purchased some essentials for the Orphans at St. Francis Karen - we could continue with that and make it a tradition?

HIV aids orphans at Nyumbani home also need help, once i get more info about that will send it your way.

One of our bloggers (JKE) supports the nest home in Limuru, (http://uhuru.de/thenesthome/) you can check out the link later its down at the moment.

Count me in!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Archer said...

I heed to the call "Strong to Serve"

Count me in!

10:45 AM  
Blogger jm said...

@ egm, archer: "the land we love the mooost ..." I knew I could count on y'all ...

@ Kirima, Klara: Shukran. Watch this space.

@ afro: Thank you, that's useful ... I have people in Nai who can check up on the places you suggested.Thank you so much 4 stopping by.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Archer said...

EGM kweli you're old school kabisa. Its "men who in thy name and thy power, will serve their fellows faithfully..."

2:19 PM  
Blogger 3N said...

count me IN as well

3:43 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Archer, I know! Hehe, it's called rotting brain cells. Sikuwa nimeamka vizuri when I was typing that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

10:46 PM  
Blogger jm said...

@ egm: You deserve the caning being meted by Archer!!

@3N: tHX.


@Archer: thx 4 looking out!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger egm said...

Mwangi, who deserves the warming more, me, or you who missed it altogether?

11:14 AM  
Blogger jm said...

@ egm: You do have a valid point, I must admit!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unyc said...

U never cease 2 amaze me Mwangi. This is a gr8 idea.
Anything that involves kids, count me in. I am involved in some charity work so cld help u out 2.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

This sounds great!! I already know people who are working with children!! I hope to make it home, but if I don't I have no problem helping out financially and with organization!!

12:29 PM  
Blogger jm said...

@ unyc, princess: thx. a bunch. If you may, please send me e-mails @ listed address so I can send you invites to the yahoo group from where we'll be coordinating the effort ... asante again.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Archer said...

@EGM: warming? I'd quite forgotten about that! First thing on Monday morning after Principal's talk! What a way to start the week!

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hand high up in the air..AM IN. i'll start saving for the trip!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger jm said...

@ Archer: them good ol' days ...hehe

@ Betty:Your participation is highly valued ... thx

8:40 AM  
Blogger mama shady said...

good one!will send you mail.

5:57 PM  
Blogger jm said...

@ betty, mama shady: thx, am waiting for your e-mails ...

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the aggregator is finally working with my computer I get to read people's blogs! phew! I really should get on newsgator...all in due time! Anywho....count me in!!!!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, seems remarkable idea to me is

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home